Functions of the SMC
- To promulgate common doctrine and standard
procedures for the conduct of combined maritime
exercises and operations.
- To support regional strategic maritime military
- To facilitate training, mutual logistic support
and utilisation of facilities.
- To co-ordinate maritime military activities in
the functional areas as identified.
- To co-ordinate the exchange of maritime military
expertise, information and technology.
- To ensure the rights, privileges and obligations
of land-locked and transit states in accordance with
United Nations Convention of the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
Publications of the SMC
for Officers Commanding on the Conduct of
Maritime Peace Support Operations
Reference Operations Order for Combined Maritime
Note: You need Adobe Reader
to view the publications. Click on applicable
publication to view or download.